This week we are talking about delegation and automation, somethings that have been heavy on my mind. It’s the only way to set up my business to scale. The key to this is being able to productize offerings and hire people who can take on the responsibility not just take on the task.
Joana Galvão is a master at this and after six years of experience and scars, she shares with us what to avoid and what to prioritize.
Or Listen here:
You can always join us for the live taping experience and be part of the community. Come a little early and introduce yourself in the chat, tell us where you are located in the world and say hey!
SPECIAL TIME THIS WEEK
We start at 3:30pm GMT / 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT / 5:30am in Hawaii on this particular WEDNESDAY.
Sign up at https://creativesignite.com/signup to get on the email list to get the link each week.
- Joana, can you give everybody a little background about your start in design and when you started out on your own? How long have you been in business and what products and services do you provide? What kinds of companies do you work with, who is your audience?
- As you built your business you made some errors that a lot of people make. The mistake is hiring someone similar to ourselves in knowledge or expertise. Who was your first hires and how long did they work for you? What would you hire first now if you were giving someone advice?
- Marie Forleo’s B school was a big help for you as well as making connections with the type of companies you want to work for. How did doing that “free” internship set you up for a long-term working relationship?
- One big thing you have done is create products and packages people can purchase instead of everything being a custom solution. Can you tell me how that works? How you came up with products?
- What did you start setting up as an automated task? Because automating your business has been a game-changer, right?
- I resonate with your “never stop learning” attitude and your “nothing is beneath me” attitude. Have those always been part of your life or have they been more mindset shifts over time?
- Recently you were able to take off 4 months from your business and not only did it survive, it thrived. What were some of the things you set in place to make that happen?
- How do you recharge?
- What inspires you?
- Is there a quote or something that you keep close to help you get through tough times?
- What is next?