Episode 374 Aired Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Have you ever thought that you had to “love” your brand name?
Have you ever had the conversation with your client about how the color is right for the audience, that it’s not important if they “like” it or not?
This week we are talking to my friend Andrew Burnett and he ALWAYS has your best interest in mind! He is going to share some stories about bad decisions that have been made because they wanted to use a combination of the partner’s surnames, or it was really long but the URL was available.
But Andrew cares about your name being memorable and short & simple.
And we will be talking about all the things that can go into naming and all the things you might have been overlooking or not even knowing about. Andrew is incredible about this and has some case studies to share!
I hope you will join us for Episode 374 on Wednesday, March 17.
You can always join us for the live taping experience and be part of the community. Come a little early and introduce yourself in the chat, tell us where you are located in the world and say hey!
In America we shifted our clocks back this past weekend. But in Europe they don’t switch for a few more weeks, so be aware the time differs for a few weeks.
SPECIAL TIME THIS WEEK FOR EUROPEAN FAMILY MEMBERS
We start at 6:30pm GMT / 2:30pm EDT / 11:30am PDT / 9:30am in Hawaii on WEDNESDAYS.
- Andrew, can you give everybody a little background about your start in brand strategy and when you started out focusing on naming? How long have you been in business and what products and services do you provide, who is your audience?
- What kinds of problems have you seen arise when people don’t know how to properly choose a name for their company?
- Is it a false assumption that the owner must “like” the name?
- What issues in regards to brand strategy come up when the name of the company is not vetted properly?
- When should a founder do this work? What part of the brand strategy do they need completed before choosing a name?
- Why do so many people get this order incorrect?
- Why is it easy to identify the simple solution but hard to execute? What gets in the way?
- What kinds of excuses do you see founders/owners using in regards to the name they “like?”
- How can people learn more or partner with you? Your course, your group, your social media?
- What kinds of things are covered in your course, what kinds of things are covered in your social media, what does a partnership with you or bringing you on as a consultant look like?
- How do you recharge?
- What inspires you?
- Is there a quote or something that you keep close to help you get through tough times?
- What is next?