Have you had a friend that you can’t really pin point when you met them, they feel like they have been in your life for a long time and it feels like they have always been there? That is what Doc Reed is like for me.
He has been on this creative journey with me as I have been doing the podcast and we have spoken at conferences together, we have grown, been challenged, shared the ups and downs of life and in our careers. Doc is someone who I admire for his work but even more admire him at how he lives his life, how he makes his art, how he shares his knowledge and passions, and how he loves on others. He has a great laugh and is willing to go deep and not afraid to be vulnerable. Which add up to all the things I look for in a friend. And he has MAD illustration skills.
Doc was on the show for the first time in 2016 and has been part of numerous PowerStation seasons. I have been honored to see him grow in his design and illustration but also grow as a leader. I am excited to talk to him about all these areas of significant growth.
I hope you will join me for Episode 446, LIVE on SATURDAY, August 26, 2023 at 11:30am PT / 2:30pm ET / 7:30pm BST / 8:30am in Hawaii
You can be part of the conversation live with us. Simply join the Creatives Ignite Family by giving me your email and get a reminder email 30 min before the show: https://creativesignite.com/signup You can also add it to your calendar so you don’t miss it. (Those links are in the emails). See you there, then you can type in the chat and ask questions live.
- Doc, can you tell everybody a little background about you, who you are, where you are, and what you do?
- You’ve been on the show before, first on the show back in 2016 and many of the community calls. How has life and business changed since last time we talked?
- What has been the biggest hurdle you’ve faced in regards to your business?
- Has staying creative been a challenge for you? How do you come up with new ideas?
- Do you struggle with time management?
- How do you get your name out there? Agent? Groups? Conferences?
- How do you go about learning new skills? When is it important to sharpen skills you have already and what have you done to do that?
- Do you have any systems or processes that has helped you develop new skills? What types of business skills and creative skills have you had to learn?
- Looking back, have you found or realized a new superpower you weren’t aware of before?
- Do you ever deal with being overwhelmed? If so how have you dealt with that?
- Do you have any creative outlets or non creative outlets that you do regularly to keep you balanced?
- Have you avoided burning out?
- Do you collaborate with others? What elements make up a perfect collaborative project for you?
- What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself in the last year, that has been most impactful to your life or freelance business?
- What’s one piece of advice you would tell your past self 7 years ago?
- What is next? Let’s talk about the gofundme campaign.
Connect with Doc
Go Fund Me: https://gofund.me/1ad26cf7
Mentor ADPList: https://adplist.org/mentors/doc-reed
Transcript will go here