Episode 396, Aired Wednesday, November 17th, 2021
Would you go against your nature so you can nurture others?
Heather Crank does just that. For so many years Heather has done amazing design work and when she was not working her curiosity and encouragement inside her compelled her to find amazing creators, learn about them, and lift them up and share their work.
Finally Heather has begun to let others lift her. This has been extremely uncomfortable for Heather but her story can help others and even though she feels like she is jumping out of her skin, she is sharing it, her work, and what she has learned. She is an inspiration to me.
or listen here
I hope you’ll join us this Wednesday, November 17 at 7:30pm GMT / 2:30pm ET / 11:30 am PT / 9:30am in Hawaii. Sign up to get the link at https://creativesignite.com/signup
You can always join us for the live taping experience and be part of the community. Come a little early and introduce yourself in the chat, tell us where you are located in the world and say hey!
We start at 7:30pm GMT / 2:30pm ET / 11:30 am PT / 9:30am in Hawaii on WEDNESDAYS.
- Heather, can you give everybody a little background about your start in design and motion design and what you focus on now? How long have you been in business and what services do you provide? Who do you normally serve (audience)?
- What kinds of projects do you take on and has your experiences led you to wanting to do more alone or as part of a collaboration, why?
- As a designer, we are often happiest behind the scenes. You have been there and have lifted and lifted and lifted so many others. You are constantly curious about all kinds of people and the projects they are working on. Have you always been really curious?
- Have you always been a lifter? Is there something significant in your professional career that has made you so passionate about lifting and helping others?
- How hard is it to be your own hero, and to be willing to talk about and showcase your accomplishments? This is really a struggle for me. Why is it important?
- What does it feel like now to be more the focus of conversations or facilitate conversations and lead them?
- We called this episode Jumping out of My Skin, because you told me that is what it feels like. Can you explain how you are able to be a lead for conferences or on ClubHouse etc and then what the rest of the day or the next day looks like for you?
- How do you recharge? What inspires you?
- What prompted you to come out from the shadows and behind the computer to take a role in the spotlight more? How uncomfortable was that? Why was it more important for you to be uncomfortable and help others by sharing your story than it was to be comfortable and safe?
- Do you attribute your growth to your curious nature? Do you think of yourself as willing to take risks?
- Do you feel like lifting others is part of your greater purpose?
- What is next?
Follow & Connect with Heather